Skip Navigation

County offices are closed on Monday, May 29, for Memorial Day.


  • Apply for a Permit

    Apply for building, plumbing, electrical permits and more.

  • Apply for a Residential Parking Permit

    Learn more about annual parking permit and temporary visitor parking permits.

  • Apply for and Renew an Animal License

    All dogs and cats four months of age or older and kept in Baltimore County for longer than 30 days per year must be licensed annually. You must provide a copy of a valid rabies certificate to apply for or to renew an animal license.

  • Boards and Commissions

    Qualified volunteers who live or work in Baltimore County are encouraged to take an active role in County government by applying to serve on various boards and commissions.

  • County Jobs

    Baltimore County Government provides equal employment opportunity to our employees, potential employees and the general public.

  • Find the Volunteer Opportunity Right for You

    Make a difference in your community by giving of your time, talents and experience. For many nonprofit and government agencies, the presence of volunteers is vital to successfully meeting their goals.

  • Housing Choice Voucher Program

    Also known as Section 8, participating families may use the assistance in their current homes or move to other rental housing that meets their needs and program requirements.

  • Join the Baltimore County Fire Department

    The Fire Department offers three entry-level positions, Probationary Emergency Medical Technician, Probationary Firefighter and Paramedic.

  • Obtain Marriage or Divorce Records

    Find marriage license and divorce decree information.

  • One-Day Liquor License Application

    The One-Day License application for Baltimore County is for bona fide non-profit organizations that are raising monies for charitable reasons. Licenses are not issued to organizations for profit.

  • Part-time Jobs with Recreation and Parks

    The Department of Recreation and Parks' various community offices regularly accept applications for employees to work on a part-time basis, in the local communities and to assist with recreation programs.

  • Register Your Alarm System

    Residents of Baltimore County can register new alarm systems, update previous information, and view the alarm history.

  • Rental Housing Registration

    All buildings or a portion of a building that contain one to six dwelling units intended or designated as rental units must register and be licensed with Baltimore County.

  • Resources for Food or Financial Assistance

    Learn about child support, temporary cash assistance, food supplement programs, energy assistance and more.